Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Department Manager is responsible for unit operations. Accountable for associate engagement, physician alignment, and patient satisfaction. Ensures that safe, quality care is delivered according to current evidence based standards of practice. Promotes and supports shared decision making. Manages unit resources including scheduling of staff and provision of necessary equipment and supplies. Responsible for nursing sensitive indicators, core measures, and other identified outcome measures on the unit.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Empowered to serve as a leader within level of authority.
- Promotes/supports shared decision making by empowering associates through delegation of clear responsibility, authority, and holding them accountable.
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, and retention of personnel.
- Ensures compliance with Hospital State, Federal and accreditation regulations in reference to patient care and the physical environment.
- Assists in communicating shared vision, mission, and values with department which motivates others to achieve strategic goals
<<Care Delivery System>>
- Assumes responsibility for staffing and scheduling associates and appropriate utilization of personnel.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and maintains accountability for budget in defined area of responsibility.·
- Responsible for outcomes i.e. nursing sensitive indicators, core measures, HCAPS, patient satisfaction, and associate satisfaction.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates action plans for continuous performance improvement. ·
- Provides a safe environment through the utilization of best practices for patient, family, and all other caregivers.
- Creates a learning environment that is open and respectful, and promotes and supports evidence based practice.
- Ensures appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continued professional development of associates.
- <<Collaborative Practice>>
- Monitors Associate performance; providing coaching, recognition, counseling and avenues for improvement as needed.
- Develops and maintains a professional relationship with members of the health care team, the patient and the patient’s family.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment that minimizes work related illness and injury.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: