Sparrow Health System
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The paramedic is part of a professional medical team responsible for initial patient assessment and treatment in emergent and non-emergency inter-facility patient care transfers. The paramedic at Sparrow Health System is a fully licensed Paramedic with the State of Michigan, who is authorized to practice within the Tri-County Emergency Medical Control Authority (TCEMCA). The paramedic performs all the tasks and duties inherent and expected of that license and authorization approval. Some of those functions include life-saving measures and treatments with and without the resources that are normally available in the “in-house” setting. The paramedic must be able to function independently in the event of a communications failure or because the condition of the patient does not allow time for communications to be made. The paramedic must also be able to perform EMS traffic control skills as a medical dispatcher, directing and advising Sparrow and outside area EMS agency units. This position reports directly to the Ground Transport Manager.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals, as well as
- Works independently in the delivery of patient care
- Participates as requested and/or required in the education of themselves, other health care professionals and the general public
- Respects the needs and right of coworkers, patients and the public maintaining ICARE values
- Helps promote and maintain positive relationships within the Sparrow Health System and the EMS community
- Performs duties and assignments as required as a dispatcher
Current certifications in:
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: