Sparrow Health System
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Senior Information Technology Project Manager is responsible for full project management of multiple application deployment, vendor provided integration, infrastructure, facilities, or other health system projects from start to finish. In addition, the Senior Information Technology Project Manager is responsible for one or many centralized project management services including governance, integration, scheduling, scope, cost, risk, quality, contract, and/or communications management as project management services and project demand fluctuate. Responsible for managing several complex projects concurrently and mentoring other Caregivers regarding project management principles.
- Independently work with Project Stakeholders and Project Requestors to establish a clear and concise Scope, solid Project Mission/Vision, and S.M.A.R.T. project goals.
- Partner with Resource Managers to align resources with project needs.
- Serve as a transparent communication liaison and ensure key project details are conveyed clearly and consistently in an upward, downward and lateral fashion.
- Escalate and clearly document issues and risks that will impact project timeline, scope, quality, and/or financials.
- Chair and facilitate efficient and productive project meetings for multiple projects that result in review of status, milestones (forecasted and completed), action items (with assigned resources and anticipated time frames), parking lot items, anticipated/current inter-dependencies and issues/risks requiring escalation.
- Provide status reports to project team members and stakeholders to ensure project related metrics are shared in an accurate, transparent, and streamlined fashion.
- Conduct efficient and effective Scope Change Control directly related to assigned projects.
- Partner with all members of the PMO to maintain and update the PMO toolset (i.e., templates, procedures, policies).
- Assist with and contribute to vendor management and customer satisfaction.
- Partner with the PMO and Project Leadership to ensure projects, programs and affiliated initiatives are delivered on-time and within budget.
- Instill quality assurance (QA) measures throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Execute all facets of the entire project life cycle (i.e., Scope Assessment, Project Planning, Kick-Off, Execution, Activation/Readiness, Project Closure, Operational Turn Over, Lessons Learned, etc.)
- Maintain project details and documentation within the project documentation tools as designated by the PMO Leader and as determined to meet the unique needs of projects
- Mentor/coach team members and other PMs on project management best practices across all PM disciplines.
Manage several complex projects concurrently for various business units throughout the health system
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
Candidates please note: A series of assessments are a required part of the consideration process for all positions in the IT Department.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: